Sunday, February 26, 2006












There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
And when she was good,
She was very, very good,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow wrote this poem, which was recited a zillion times to me in my childhood, because I was that little girl! Now you know, I really wasn't all that horrid when I was bad, but I was very very good, and sometimes rather horrid (ask my sis!). I still have the curls, and they drive me nuts sometimes when I want my hair to be sleek and more easily managed. But then, I'm not so easily managed either.

It's Sunday morning and I'm going back to bed. My "girl" Polly woke me at some very horrid hour like 4 a.m. because she had an upset stomach. She ate too many dog bones and treats in the past few days. So we got up, and after that I couldn't go right back to bed. I'm ready now. Good night!

Thinking of Elaine and the family today, her funeral day, and also thinking of all of my blogger friends and hoping that today is a peaceful and easy day for you all.

2 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger grace said...

Poor Polly. Hope she is OK now. Nothing worse than having them wake you up because they are sick. I sometimes wondered when mine woke me up in the middle of the night, how long she stared at me before I actually awoke! She never liked to bother, she was so sweet. Hopefully she never waited too long! My thoughts are with you and hope that tomorrow is a good one for you. x Grace

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Thanks, Grace. Polly's doing better. I know exactly what you mean about your dog just standing there staring at you, as if to wake you up telepathically! Polly has gotten pretty vocal, so she will definitely use her voice to wake me now.

Still getting my bearings after Elaine's death. I fell a bit behind on work and schoolwork so am working double-time now, and my body is tired.

Hugs,
Brina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home