Monday, February 20, 2006

I've been a bit grumpy the past few days.

It's a new week and I'm going to resolve to stay more grounded. We'll see how it works.

At the risk of sounding way too "Oprah," I'm going to take time to be grateful.

This morning I'm grateful for how strong and agile I feel, at 6 a.m. no less, and I'm grateful for the absolute quiet of the sunrise, all purples and pinks. Polly and I caught it at 5:55 a.m. while on our morning walk.

The grumpiness will just have to take a backseat for a while.

Anybody else dealing with the grumpies?


4 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger Dale said...

Dear Brina

I hope the "grumpies" have left you. The sunrise might well have set everything aside!
Sounds lovely - especially the fact that the sun rises where you are at 5:55 a.m. At this time of year we have to wait till after 8:00! (We are much farther north & very west in our time zone).

Take care & be happy!

Love
Dale

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Dear Dale,

Well, officially the sun rose at 7:05 a.m. here but I swear, we saw purple and pink out there when she got me up just around 6:00!

I love Pete's song "Sunrise" and the way Rachel sings it. I gave the chords and words to my friend Joe in hopes that some day he will play it for me on his guitar...I know he played it years ago but has fallen away from his guitar in recent years.

Have a good Monday, dear.

Brina

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Dear Brina,
I have had some grumpies about how sore my body is due to a sports injury. Aside from that, gratitude is the name of the game.

I hope you're feeling better. Go treat yourself to something nice, that might help.

Take care,
AM

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger PTfan said...

It seems a lot of people I have run into lately have been cranky. I've had my bouts lately too. Wonder why?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home