Thursday, February 16, 2006

Change in plans...

I'm not going to Rhode Island as planned, but staying home this weekend. My former mother-in-law is very ill in Florida, and my ex-husband needs to be able to go down there at short notice. So I'm choosing my family responsibilities here over my pull to be with the Cowsill family in Newport. It makes sense, but my heart is being pulled in several directions.

I know the place I should be is here with my son, and so that's the right decision.

At 1:00 p.m. EST on Saturday, I'm going to light a special candle to remember Barry Cowsill. That's when the outdoor memorial service begins in Newport. I'm also going to play one of his favorite songs, "Moon River," on my piano, for him.

That seems to be what I can do from here.

Meanwhile my heart is with my very dear former mother-in-law, who really was a friend to me during the marriage and who somehow avoided being anything like the stereotypical mother-in-law. I was blessed to have her.

4 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Dale said...

I think you made the right decision.

:-)

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Thanks, Dale. I do, too.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Brina,
I hope your mother-in-law pulls through from this. She sounds like she was quite kind to you while you were married.

-AM

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Elaine said...

It's never easy to say goodbye to a loved one. Stay strong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home