Monday, February 20, 2006

Something kind of exciting: Today I got myself a realtor to work with in Portland. Admittedly, I'm not going to actually make this move and choose a home for two more years, but for research purposes, I'm going to see some houses and neighborhoods with her next month when I'm there. There's a strong chance I will move to Oregon, rather than my initial plan of northern California, so I need to get to know the Portland area. That's where I'd do the final work on my marriage and family therapist license, if I decide to settle in Oregon I'll need to be in Portland, at least to start out.

This weekend, I bought myself a detailed Portland map and a larger Oregon/Washington state map, and I've been studying up. I also got my plane reservations all set. It's going to be an adventure when I go there over spring break.





2 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger PTfan said...

That sounds very exciting! I would really love to just pick up and go start over somewhere. It sounds like a thrill. I really think I woudl if I could. Thing is, I am divorced and I need to stay by where my kids dad is because of visitation. If it wasn't for that, I think I woudl pack up the kids and I and go on a funky adventure!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Yes, I am like you in that I must be where my child is, but he's 16 now and will graduate from high school in June of 2008 (right when I graduate with my master's). So that's why my relocation plan takes effect summer 2008.

I think that life provides us with more choices than we even know.

Hugs,
Brina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home