Saturday, February 25, 2006

Today is my flutist friend Cindy's birthday. Cyn is on the left in the photo; it was taken just before our Sarabande concert in Vermont this past August. One of my oldest friends (since second grade!), one of my dearest friends, Cindy is one of those people without whom my life would have been very different. She is on the road, and I hope she will read this.

I love you, Cyn. Hope we can talk today. I hope your laptop is working wherever you are today (Arizona, I know that much), so that you can turn on the computer and see this. I also sent you an e-card. It's hard getting mail to someone who is traveling the country in a "fifth wheel" for a year!

I love your energy, your sparkle, your humor, your persistence, your wonderful bluntness. I love your singing voice and the way you play the flute and piano, and I love sharing new music with you and finding our way as Sarabande. I love that you push me, and I love that you are there to cheer me on. We have as much fun as we did when we were teenagers, no, let's be honest: we have MORE fun now! I love that you get such a chuckle out of me and that you make me laugh so hard it's dangerous (remember last summer when we laughed so hard while driving?! after my encounter with the back door of my rental Jeep? that was the funniest ever).

And I love that you know me so thoroughly. It keeps me grounded, for sure, having an old friend like you. Let's always make music together and laugh together and tell each other the innermost workings of our heart and soul.

Happy Birthday. You're a priceless gem.

Love ya,
Brina

2 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

How sweet of you to post this in her honor! I love friends like that!

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Molly, my friend Cindy is one in a trillion. She's really something!

I got to speak with her on her birthday, too, which was great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home