Saturday, February 11, 2006

I forgot to tell you a few more California happenings from my trip! In addition to the photos and events I blogged for you,

* We saw Mr. Big Octopus at the Aquarium in Monterey. This is the very big octopus with whom Joe and I bonded on my New Year's trip. He's just...awesome. I love him.

* My sis and I went to the big main library in San Francisco to view part of the original manuscript of Jack Kerouac's "On the Road"...this exhibit is so thrilling, really. I can't even tell you!

* At the planetarium up in Oakland, a really beautiful star show. I especially love their admonition before it begins: "NO TALKING IN THE PLANETARIUM!" Of course that is nearly impossible!

* An IMAX movie about the Mars Rover expedition and the creation of the Rovers. Fascinating stuff, and my neck behaved (ever since my car crash in 2001, I've had trouble with things like planetarium shows, IMAX movies, art museums, fireworks, anything where you have to crane your neck at all, but I'm doing better, with time and lots of treatments).

* Some fun antique shopping and exploring up in Petaluma, and one overnight in Mill Valley.

* Driving solo from Monterey up to Pacifica one day, I listened to Pete Townshend's "Empty Glass" CD back to back with his brother Simon Townshend's CD "Simon Townshend Is". Now that was some pairing!

* Hiking on the hills up above my hotel in Pacifica, several mornings in a row. I love it there, just wish I'd had Polly along as there are so many Pacifica dogs out with their owners every single morning.

* And the best things were free: good company, the ocean, and the moon and stars at night.

I'm thankful I made that trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home