Saturday, February 11, 2006

On the Red Carpet

Who would you like to "be" on Oscars night?

I had such fun discussing this with Joe's mom, Lillian, on Super Bowl day (well, admit it, the game itself wasn't so compelling as fashion talk!). I told her all about the way my sister and I would watch the Academy Awards, all dressed up in long dresses, our hair up, and armed with a supply of Junior Mints (our delicacy of choice for all big tv events). We even do this long-distance, calling each other to giggle and gush and compare notes. And for years, I've been Geena Davis...but now?


I think I'm more Rene Russo, though I have just spent some time looking at recent photos of her, and I think she's "had some work". Her face looks different!

Joe's mom is beautiful, and I think she was flattered when I came up with different actresses for her to "be." I had a few ideas but the best is Blythe Danner. It works!

So on Academy Awards night, which is quite early in March this year, I am going to adorn myself a la Rene Russo, the sexy, intelligent redhead, and I will telephone my actress pal Blythe Danner in California to talk about the Red Carpet.

Who would you like to be?

And if I could figure out how, I'd put photos of each of these lovely women right here. Jessica, can you help me, dear? I'm technologically delayed, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home