Thursday, December 22, 2005


A bit strained still, but you can kinda see my new smile. Kinda. But it still hurts!

We've got the tree up and some lights but no ornaments yet. Saving that fun for tomorrow.

A.J. and I went out to dinner tonight; he had lobster (flown in from the East Coast, still quite fresh and sweet) and I had some shrimp with linguini. Mostly we went out for a mother-and-son dinner and a bit of shopping at a bookstore afterwards. It was really a nice, quiet evening and I'm lucky I have a teenager who actually will go to dinner with me of his own accord, sometimes!

Tomorrow I"m letting him loose shopping at the neighborhood called Uptown, a hip part of south Minneapolis, while I get my hair done. He'll have a blast, I am sure. Hope he doesn't emerge tattooed or pierced (there's a fabulous place in that neighborhood called Saint Sabrina's Purgatory Parlor which is THE place to get pierced, ahem).

Hope everyone had a good day. I'm going to post two photos of A.J. and Polly next, they looked so cute playing on the floor a while ago I snapped a bunch of photos of them.

5 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Model citizen said...

Got my tongue done at Sabrina's in 1999. Cracked a molar three months later, took it out three months after that. Total waste of $100.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

In Greece we say:

"If you're going to be beautiful, then it's worth the pain!"

You look fabulous!!!!

Have a fantastic Christmas sweet Brina, and a very Happy 2006.

Lots of love,
xoxoxo
and
hohoho
M

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Thanks, Marietta. I like the Greek saying!
Jess, I can just see you at Saint Sabrina's. Giggle. I've never been pierced or tattooed but would like to shop clothes and shoes there. I want to demand my "Sabrina discount." After all, shouldn't any Sabrina who shops there get an automatic 25% off? Maybe you could go shopping there with me someday, in our Priscilla-and-Lisa-Marie-on-the-town mood! Love you, Jess, Merry Christmas (I know you're not reading this til next week, though).

Mari dear, Happy London Christmas to you! and hasn't it been some year?


Love,
Brina

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aw, Happy Holidays to you guys! You are very pretty, btw,that would be a good profile pic, I think!
xoxoLisa

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Model citizen said...

Oh, honey, Merry Christmas to you too! I love all the family photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home