Sunday, December 11, 2005

Letter home from Camp Hochelaga (girls' summer camp on the shores of Lake Champlain in Vermont), circa 1965 (I was 7 years old):

Monday

Dear, Mommy and Nana,

I love you both.
Also I love camp.
We touht Nadine some words.
We had 3 New Girls.
You must remember very well, for every time we had some food I ate it all.
This afternoon we had for desert - choclete pudding. And it was very good.
Today I went out on a boat.
It was fun. It is lots of fun here but
I still think it is as much fun at home.
I am having rest period. You know what it is like but Nana dos'ent. Please tell her.
I have a surprise for you and you can use it.

love Sabrina.

2 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger mikster said...

This letter brought back memories of camp(s)....so long ago...lol

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Bri said...

The funny thing is, I was always terribly homesick at camp, but I would put on a brave face in the letters. That makes them all the sweeter and funnier now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home