Tuesday, December 13, 2005




We had our Book Club holiday gathering last night. I am pretty much killing myself getting these last two assignments done for grad. school (due tonight), but I let myself have a break to drive out to Meg's beautiful home for the annual feast and book exchange party.

It was lovely, as these photos show you, and we had a great evening together, even welcoming a brand new member (boy, now she'll think we have these amazing meals every time we get together, huh!).

We dined on pork, sweet potatoes, salads, breads, fruit, cheese, wonderful wines, and of course dessert and the traditional Brandy Alexanders. Because I had to leave right after dessert, I couldn't partake of the Brandy Alexanders this year...it's a long drive home and I just don't do that...but otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed everything.

Ok, back to work. In another 10 hours, I'll have completed my very first semester of grad. school. It's been very challenging so far and I love that.

See ya later, bloggers! I love how Mikey (musicmikey.blogspot.com) says that word "bloggers" in his cute British accent. Just love it!

4 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Claire Eliza said...

Sounds like a fun evening.
Good job in Grad. School! Wahoo! I'm sure you've worked very hard.

I love Mikey's voice too. So cute.
xx
- claire -

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Thanks, Claire. So happy to have finished the semester, my first grad. school semester!

My entire dining room table is research papers, articles, and books. I was still writing the big final proposal yesterday and then was too tired when I got home last night to put it all into some order. This work will probably lead to my thesis project, so I don't want to just toss the papers in a big pile disorganized.

I go to a Christian university; it's amazing how much love and sharing goes on. I've never had an educational experience like this one, that's for sure. It's very rigorous academically but very supportive spiritually. You feel like a whole person there, not just a student person. It's very cool!

Hope you are having a good week. Is regular life a bit of a letdown after seeing the Stones and all those landmarks???

Hugs, Brina

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger JoeBoy said...

Good choice on not drinking. Lovely house she has. Hope all goes well in school.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Oh lovely photos! Very nice the real branches!! I bet it smelled heavenly too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home