Monday, April 24, 2006





Blogspot ate my post from last night, about my dear friend Pam. So I'm writing again this morning and posting two best-friend photos from our trip last fall to the windy, cold North Shore of Minnesota's Lake Superior. We were cold! but happy.

Pam's very dear to me, and her mother died in a car crash yesterday. Such a shock. Her mom was a terrific, hard-working, lively, opinionated, warm, thoughtful woman. Very special person who touched many, many lives.

I had Pam on my mind all day yesterday, and phoned her midday, which I never do. I also wore a shirt which Pam gave me yesterday, and I rarely wear it 'cause it's too big for me, but it's soft and pink and makes me think of Pam, and I had it on when Pam called to give me the bad news last night.

My heart is with her and with her son and family. She's always been there for me, and I will do whatever I can to help her.

Meanwhile, she insists that her mom would want me to go to classes today and plug away at my grad. school work, so I will. Her mom was VERY hard-working and a teacher, and I know she would be pushing me to focus on my work. Ok!

8 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger grace said...

Hi Brina, I am very sorry to hear about Pam's Mom. How awful. It is wierd how days when you are thinking of someone, unknowingly, and you are wearing a shirt from them and for some reason they are on your mind, there is that connection to those we care about. We are drawn to those loved ones when they are in need. I have had that a number of times, and it is a eery feeling. I tend to have dreams of people and situations, and sometimes in a roundabout way I am seeing something. What did Polly do with the snake? I also have to apologize Brina, I do not always get to the computer, so I may have missed a post or 2, as this dial-up is very slow and I usually get disconnected, and am pleased that I have this much time to write you, I was unaware that your son was not with you, and I am sorry.xo Oh yeah, that picture looks like you are both very cold! oxo Grace

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger grace said...

I didn't think that I would be able to get pics put on my blog this evening, but I did. I have a new little friend. She is a 1 year old, what a handful, I forgot the energy.!! Always moving so hard to get a real good shot of her just yet. She is very sweet though. She did not come from MN, she came from Ohio, found without a collar wondering around. Can't believe someone would let her go. Just got her this week, I usually don't write this much, but have been told by a couple of friends that I seem happier since she arrived. so sorry for the endless ramble.!! You are right - we could make a book with our nature, ocean photos!! I hope that you are doing alright Brina, my thoughts and prayers are with you. xo Grace

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Beth Rocks said...

Hi I am sorry to hear about Pam's mum.

I am writing you because I am not sure when, but you commented on one of my poems and I would like to thank you.
I'll keep in touch.
xox
beth

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Thanks, Grace and Beth. I loved your writing, Beth, and was amazed at how much it resonates with me, even with all the years between our ages.

Grace, how is your new Brittany spaniel today? Keeping you hopping, I bet.

I'm working hard on my school stuff.

Hugs, Brina

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Lynsey said...

Thanks for your comment! It's nice to be appreciated. :D

Cheers,
-L-

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger grace said...

Hi Brina, she is keeping me hopping!! walking, hiking, even running, those Brittanys have soo much energy, as you know. x Grace

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

ok read the whole blog but still laughing pretty hard at the BLOGSPOT ATE MY BLOG bit! I will have to borrow that one sometime!

Thanks for the comment. I was going to tell you that this mermaid almost stayed in LA! Oh the OCEAN was brilliant!!

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Brina,
How terrible for Pam to lose her mum so unexpectedly and tragically. My thoughts are with you all.

-AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home