Tuesday, April 18, 2006

















Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882)
There was a little girl

There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.

When she was good,
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.



Notes
Longfellow's second son Ernest says of this poem: "It was while walking up and down with his second daughter, then a baby in his arms, that my father composed and sang to her the well-known lines .... Many people think this a Mother-Goose rhyme, but this is the true version and history".

5 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Now you already know the answer to that question, don't you?!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Lovely curly Brina...

These are beautiful pictures! My mom thinks you're sweet!!!

I hope you're well

xoxoxo
M

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Thank you, Marietta dear. So glad you and your mom are having time together. I miss mine so much lately. Seems like she is all around me, spiritually, which is good!

When I had the very difficult couple of days (a few posts down, leather jacket post), I just sort of quieted way down and prayed, and I did feel that in addition to God's love, I had my mom on my side, telling me to follow my heart and not despair.

It helped. It also helped that Rachel, Pete, and Mikey addressed my state of affairs. That was so very kind!

Big hugs to you, and hi to your mom!
Brina

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

hahahaha my Dad and Grandma used to say that poem to me when I was little...probably because I caused all sorts of mischeif! lol

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Oh bgurl, you and me both!

Though I was mostly a "very very good" girl, I was known to be "horrid" at times, and as I get older, perhaps my "horrid" side has a freer rein...giggling...but isn't that what makes life so interesting and fun? our contrasts? luv, Brina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home