Monday, April 10, 2006


















It's April 10th, my mom's birthday. If she were still alive, she'd be turning 70 today. Her name was Joanna. She's still here with me in many ways.

Here is a little montage, part one, in tribute to her. Two of my favorite Joanna-as-a-young-girl photos, and two report cards (from the 1940s, when she was in grade school). "Whispers too much"! How fun is that? I love it. She was full of mischief and was a great flirt, a beautiful woman in spite of her many earthly troubles, a "cool mom" and a fun gramma, and really my best friend. She died in June 2001 and was only 65 when she died.

We went through so much together and one thing I always knew is that I could be honest and myself with her. In fact, she had emotional x-ray vision with me, always knew what was really going on inside, even when I tried to be brave about something that was bothering me, she'd see right into me and address it.

She would be proud of where I am right now in my life.

2 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Thanks, sweetheart. She was very glamorous, wasn't she? but also a lot of fun.

Miss you, hugs!

Thanks for helping me to laugh on Saturday.

Love, Brina Mary

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger grace said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! The pictures are great. My Mom passed away in 2001 at 68. Too young. I am sure Joanna is looking down and is very proud of you Brina. x Grace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home