Thursday, March 30, 2006














Two of my favorite photos of my son, A.J., when he was two years old, with his first guitar! Joe gave it to him on a San Francisco visit, and it never left his side for a long, long while. The photo of A.J. alone was taken on his second birthday, and the photo where he's being photographed, by my dad, was the summer before he turned two, so he's technically 1 1/2 years old there. Can you believe that?!

The little sweatsuit he's wearing was a favorite for a long time, too, from Aunt Amy.

These are great memories.

We've been making some new memories today. He's 16 and learning to drive, and that in itself is something I shall never forget!

3 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger grace said...

hi brina, those are great photos, was he thinking of any pete tunes when he was playing? i might be getting a puppy from minnesota in the summer, i am thinking of flying out there myself to pick her up. hope you are doing well, polly and aj. rain, rain, rain here Grace

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Hi Grace,

If you pass through Minneapolis, I could come meet you and say hi!

A.J. was obsessed with Buddy Holly at a very young age, but he was also influenced at that age by a video we had of the Rolling Stones (Keith Richards, of course) and one of Carl Perkins, and oh yes, another of Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown. I kid you not, A.J. would ask me,
"Play Mr. Brown" or "More Peggy Sue" and I'd comply. He'd stare and stare at them, and then copy them on his guitar later.



Happy kid!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger grace said...

Hi Brina, If I am there, I will let you know. Hope your week is going well

 

Post a Comment

<< Home