Thursday, February 02, 2006

Love or Confusion?


A song for today...and a self-portrait from this morning.
I hadn't listened to this Hendrix song in a very long time. Today, it landed on me and oh, I love this whole CD, "Are You Experienced?"
Love the feel of this song, and for today? It suits me.






Love or Confusion...Jimi Hendrix

Is that the stars in the sky, or is it, rain fallin’ down
Will it burn me if I touch the sun-
uh, yeah, so big, so round
Would I be truthful, yeah, in, uh,
In choosin’ you as the one for me? Is this love, baby, or is it, uh-huh,
Just, uh, confusion?
O-oh, my mind is so messed up-
uh, goin’ ’round and ’round
Must there be all the colors-uh
Without names, without sound, baby?
My heart burns with feeling, but, uh
Whoa, but my mind, it’s cold and reeling
Is this love, baby, or, uh-huh, or is it confusion?
Oh, my head is poundin’, poundin’
Goin’ ’round and ’round and ’round and ’round
Must there always be these colors? , uh
Without names, without sound?
My heart burns with feelin’
Oh, but my mind is cold and reelin’, uh
Is this love, baby
Or is it-
uh, huh, just, uh, confusion?
Oh, you tell me baby, is this,
uh, love or confusion?
Mama, we must get together and, uh, find out
Exactly what we’re tryin’ to do
Love or confusion?

4 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Cool picture Brina. One of my all time faves is Little Wing. And of course Cross Town Traffic. I'll have to look that Love and Confusion up on MusicMatch and give it a listen.

Loved your photos.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Hi Gary! I keep meaning to go read your blog and listen to more of your stuff. I know you're a busy blogger too. Glad you came here!

Love and Confusion, yes, well, I'm nearly old enough not to have to ask that question, but...still...

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Brina,
Lovely picture. I especially like the lace blouse. Can I ask where you bought it? I'd love one.

-AM

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Hi Anne-Marie,

Actually the blouse is even better than it looks here. It has long bell sleeves! Very feminine and sexy. I wear either a corset or fancy bra/teddy under it to make it really va-va-va-voom.

I bought it online, from either Newport News or Soft Surroundings. Let me look at the label for clues. Ok, the label says "CAMI". Does that help?

It's a dark brown or burgundy color lace. Really comfortable, too, and has three little buttons at the neckline in the back and then a keyhole opening. I love it, glad you like it too!

Brina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home