Saturday, January 28, 2006


Just before dark in Monterey, in front of my hotel. The big circles are not double moons, but raindrops. This is the beach outside of my hotel, and you are looking across to the area of the Monterey Aquarium and old Cannery Row.

I traveled all day to get here, and I saw a double rainbow as I was driving from the San Francisco Airport toward San Jose on the big 101 highway. The rainbow was vivid, but I was alone in the car so couldn't snap a photo, and it being the 101, there was not a chance I could just drive slower!

So this is my photo for today. A lone fellow, who was with his dog on the beach here. I went down a ways but not as close as they were to the surf.

As it was earlier this month when I was last here, the surf is intense, the winds strong, and there are DANGER signs on the beaches.


My hotel room is pretty, bright yellow bedspread and a pseudo-canopy floral drapery above and around the bed. Tonight is for luxuriating in having actually arrived. I'm tired, sore, and hungry, but will remedy all three soon. My friend Joe is working until later tonight but I will see him before calling it a day.
See you bloggers tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home