Saturday, January 21, 2006














So you see, I have this teenager, and he loves Al Pacino in "Scarface."
And whenever I'm not looking, he takes this framed photo of Mr. Al Pacino as "Scarface" and puts it up on the armoire in our living room, along with our photos of family and friends, and under the gracious, watchful eye of my Nana in the portrait above the armoire...

I'm also posting these two photos, taken today, to show you all that I did indeed survive the wretched grief of this past week. I have my bright self back.

5 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger Dale said...

Dear Brina

Welcome back, you brave soul.

Good luck with the driving lesson...(you brave soul).

Love
Dale

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Hi Dale!

Brave is better than the alternative, I guess!

Hugs,
Brina

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Dear Brina,
I just read your last few posts and want to send you my best wishes for what has undoubtedly been a difficult time for you and your family. Having Al Pacino on the mantle is not the worst thing a teenager can do, bless his heart!

Take care,
Anne-Marie

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

It's lovely to see you smile again, Brina!

Tell AJ I love Al in Scarface, he's just amazing. That's Al, as an actor, not the actual Tony Montana, LOL!!!

Lots of love and gargled (the flood) kisses
xoxoxo
M

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Thanks, ladies, and Mr. CAB. I am feeling like smiling again.

Sometimes we really do have to let the deepest grief happen, and then when we come out into the light again, we appreciate it so much. That's been my experience of grief, anyway.

And back to the mundane: I'm sitting here surrounded by schoolwork and the dog is incredibly flatulent tonight. She's not usually this way! egads!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home