Saturday, December 10, 2005

It's really cold here again tonight. The wind is blowing so hard. A.J. and I brought some Christmas gifts to the "Toys for Tots" tent an hour or so ago. We brought gifts for a little girl this year: a kit for making bracelets, and a sketch/art sort of toy which was packaged in a girly way. Usually we bring basketballs and other sports-related toys. I love bringing toys to the tent, which this year was manned by U.S. Marines. They had a big balloon Santa and a big balloon Snowman out front, both of which were almost blowing away!

Anyway, I've had a chill ever since we did that errand, so I'm going to soak in the tub now and see if I can do my scholarly reading while in the bubbles!

I'm excited about something: I may be adopting a cat named Fuzz. Fuzz is one of seven cats belonging to my California friend J. As much as he loves each of the cats, he admits that they are a bit much, and Fuzz is one who would probably love to be the lone cat in a household.

Now what would Polly think about Fuzz? I don't know! But I like Fuzz, and I love his life story (I'll tell you sometime)...so when I visit in late December, I will see how Mr. Fuzz and I get along, and if it seems like a good match, I will make arrangements to bring him back with me on my next California trip. I would want him to fly on the plane with me in a cat carrier as a carry-on, not in cargo. I have a massive fear of shipping a pet as luggage. They're not luggage, they're alive!

Aw, alright, I'll tell you the Fuzz story. He was one of a surprise litter, because a cat J. adopted was pregnant unbeknownst to him. So when the kittens got old enough to be adopted, J. took them in a basket to the humane society. Just as he was filling out the forms, little Fuzz sneezed! The woman said, "I'm sorry, that little guy can't be adopted. He has a cold. You'll have to take him back with you."

And thus, Mr. Fuzz was saved by a sneeze. And has been with J. and the other cats ever since.

Love it!

Achoooo....


3 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Claire Eliza said...

It's nice that you guys gave out gifts to a girl. We adopt a family at school and donate gifts for them.

A.J. does look like Stuart!
He's quite handsome, he is...how old is he? 16?

xx
- claire -

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Yes, A.J. just turned 16 on Thanksgiving Day. He's my pride and joy, as I'm sure you've noticed. He has been an easy child to raise and to understand. We are "tight," as I believe the word is used: to mean close.

The biggest joy in my whole life was becoming a mom and realizing that it meant I could experience everything all over again, through a kid's eyes, and learn as I go.

With all the complaining and fussing that so many parents do about their kids, it seems to me that they're missing the blessing in being parents.

I think you're that same kind of kid, Claire, with parents who take you to special concerts and who support you in your art and music and learning. That's awesome.

I do go on, don't I? All you asked was how old is he!

Love,
Brina (proud Mom)

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Claire Eliza said...

Aw Brina, you're a wonderful parent.
A.J.'s lucky!
I have good parents too, I am lucky for them.
xx
- claire -

 

Post a Comment

<< Home