Friday, November 04, 2005

I'm afraid I am wearing myself out, but I don't know what can "give."

There aren't enough hours in my day. And even with this amount of exercise (regular dog walks plus one solo hour walking a day, plus yoga or pilates), I still end up sitting way too much and I feel heavy. The scales don't show any difference, but I feel heavy nonetheless.

But how can I do my studying and work if not in the sitting position?!

It seems to be the curse of graduate school.

I really wanted this, and I do want it, and I have to prepare myself for my next career, but eeeeeeek, it's hard.

I crave a whole morning to just go hiking. I would love that. (But am I in good enough shape? after all this sitting?)

All I can really do is keep my head above water and do a good job. I can't do "my best", I've figured that one out already.

In two more weeks, we have a Thanksgiving break from grad. school. There are two weeks "off," though the assignments are heavy during that time. I'm going up to Vancouver to visit my family for one of those weeks. Yeah! Maybe while I'm visiting up there I can find a balance of sleep, exercise, and fun, and oh yes, studying (I'll have to study while there, too). They have a swimming pool in their building; I'm already loving the thought of swimming every night before bed. Nice. And I really need my family. I can't wait to see them.

Feeling really tired out tonight. I'm going to bed before 11 p.m., which is early for me. Puppy already on her dog bed, A.J. at a friend's house, it's quiet here and I will wind down now and go to sleep.

I hope to have a clearer head in the morning. Tonight it's just not up to any more work.

Thanks for listening.

4 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Getting so tired only prolongs the pleasure of resting, have courage, Brina!

Swimming in a pool at night sounds great!

As for the comment you left on my blog, YES! Greek men can be hunky, but some of them know it and use it TOO well...
Greece is very beautiful, especially the islands.
I'll try and post some suggestions with photos on my blog later in the month, but I can recommend Corfu, Crete, Spetses (where I spend every summer since I was 4), Santorini, Mykonos, Zante, Kefallonia, to name a few...
At Spetses there is a place called The Mermaid's Cave! Does it sound appealing?

Take good care, don't work too hard!
xoxoxo
M

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Claire Eliza said...

I hope you feel better today Brina!!
I haven't been on lately, but I'm glad to read you're blog always!

xoxo
-claire-

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

How much water and rest are you getting? If you change a few things around in your diet you will actually get more energy and find yourself not feeling so "heavy". I think you should try and hike, go as far as you can and then find a spot to study at. I think it may fulfill two things at one time. Think about it..you still have to hike back down!

I love swimming. I swim most every day at 5am! LOVE IT!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Thanks, girls.

I drink plenty of water, have a bottle with me all the time. Rest is probably a more pertinent problem for me. I get about six hours most nights, which seems not quite enough. Some nights less and occasionally, more. I don't nap, though I love to!

I am a good hiker but haven't been hiking lately. I think it's time to make that a regular part of my routine again. BallerinaGurl, you're right, I could take one book on the hike with me and then read a chapter at the top. I have SO much reading to every week.

I do feel better today.

Taking on this big challenge of grad. school was a huge step for me, but a necessary one to position myself for the next phase of my life. The divorce process was good in that I was encouraged to make a five-year plan. I did, and now I'm living it. It's hard, but I am moving forward, not standing still, not being held back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home