Sunday, October 30, 2005

What's in your recurring dream?

I had a recurring dream for a long time, for years, and haven't had it in the last two years at all. In my recurring dream, I am in Vermont, in the country, going to the deep woods. I have to find my way to my grandfather's deer camp (cabin), which is in the deepest of deep woods. Always in real life, Grampa would take us there; I never got there on my own and never even tried to find my way there after he died. But in my dream, I'm trying. I walk a long time, and it's not right. I come to a house, or a barn, and I talk to someone there (this is true every time I have this dream).

The man at the house tells me I can't possibly find Grampa's cabin, and it's going to be dark soon. I should stop trying, he advises. Stay here, sleep in the loft of the barn here, try again tomorrow...

Sometimes in the dream, I stop, sleep, and that's all. Other times, I thank him but insist that I can do it, and I head back into the woods, even though it's almost sunset. It's scary to be alone and not sure of myself, but I keep going.

I don't get there before waking up.

I have had dreams which take place at Grampa's deer camp, but I'm never alone there. Something about making this journey alone, that's the main element I feel about the recurring dream.

Interesting that now, when I've made so many decisions in my life and have made huge changes in the past two years, I'm not having this dream.

Do you have a recurring dream?

1 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Hi ptfan,

May I do a little amateur dream analysis on that last, fascinating one?

This dream is telling you that there is a huge unused portion of YOU which is laying fallow, waiting for you to open yourself up to using it. It could be a talent, a next career, a form of self-expression, a cure for cancer....anything...but you are living in one section of yourself, leaving the other section untouched.

For sure!

Love it---

Hugs,
Brina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home