Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Really happier today.

Great news from one of my best friends in the world: she got the job! She wanted this promotion very much, and almost didn't dare to believe she'd get it, but I knew she would...and she did...found out this week. Really terrific news.

It's been a beautiful day, very Halloween-like weather here in Minneapolis today, and I enjoyed my outdoors time so much. There was one bit when Polly and I were walking in a neighborhood near ours but more woodsy. We stopped and stood very, very still and just listened. In the patch of woods, there were many different birdsongs, maybe an owl, definitely some squirrels and chipmunks, and we know that there are deer who live in there and sleep during the day. I was hoping we would see a deer, but we didn't. Still, it was a lovely couple of minutes, just soaking up every sound. When you are in a quiet place, the nature sounds are so very distinct.

Growing up, our grandfather taught my sister and me all about the woods. He taught us how to walk very, very quietly "like Indians," and we loved to look for moss, berries, ferns, and salamanders in the cool dark green woods in Vermont.

I can be very quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home