Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Not doing so great this afternoon.

I'm under the gun to finish my written homework for today's class, which begins in three hours. I am almost done but have writer's block when it comes to research design and stats. I could write a blog all day. giggle. I'll be done with this assignment in, what, 20 more minutes of writing? It's just hard.

The dog, sweet as she is, has chosen today to growl at every neighbor noise that occurs. We live in an apartment building. There are noises. Polly is growling. I keep telling her to stop. She has to go lie down in her corner and be quiet. She does, and then she hears something, and growls. It gets on my nerves and distracts me. I love her, I can't yell at her, so I go through the whole routine again. It works, for about five minutes.

I've taken three walk-the-dog breaks in three hours. I can't afford to do more right now. She will have to just deal with it. I did get frustrated to the point that I raised my voice at her, and then I felt guilty so I started to cry. (She was in a neglected, abusive home in her early years and I never let myself get mad at her. She's the world's sweetest dog and she deserves to be the princess, or the assistant princess, of this home.) I can't just "put her outside' because we don't have a yard here. I have to physically walk her in order for her to get fresh air. We do a lot of walking. Right now, I should be sitting still working.

The men who are central in my life are not here. I am lonely for them. Two are halfway across the country and one is in the hospital.

I hate that when I had PMS last weekend, my friend J. could tell, long-distance, and he told me so. And I hate how exhausting it is being a woman of a certain age.

I have to spend tomorrow, or much of it, at my ex-husband's house boxing up things and throwing out other things, and I dread it. Like big awful dread. I hate being there. I can't get emotional about it because if I do, I'll cry, and I'll lose my effectiveness. I just have to go in and do it, and leave.

I'm tired of the dental implant healing process and just want to bite down on something...it's been over a year now. I also want to be able to smile or be in a photo without worrying about how it looks, and I want to laugh uproariously hard without worrying that my retainer will come out. And sing with abandon, and articulate words with the letter "s" in them without being self-conscious that people won't understand me with this stupid retainer in my mouth.

I'm not getting enough sleep because I'm in grad. school and working and taking care of a home and a teenager and a dog and myself. There are not enough hours in the day and night together.

Ok Ok Ok

Man, I hate to complain. I'm a Pollyanna through and through. Unlike my new friend Jessica, I can't swear comfortably (except in intimate situations when the words st0p being "swear words" and become something erotic). I can't just bang around the house saying the F word. It doesn't help.

Thanks for listening, invisible blog friends!

I'll be better soon.

4 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger PTfan said...

"invisible blog friends". Well if you need to cheer up, just loook at the photo of "me"!

Hey, I posted on the blog about falling in love but I don't see it today. Yes, I most definately understand. I'm not going to re-write everything. I also gave you my support and my prayers for you friend who you adore.

Thanks for writing back about your precious one.

I will most definatly come back someother time and read more and write. I am feeling sick today and of course have a million things to do. Don't think I'll be blogging today. I feel awful.

Much love.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Thanks, I noticed that it disappeared too. I suppose I could have hit a button and deleted it by mistake? how weird! You know, I am a bit techno-impaired...

But I remember what you wrote.

Sorry you're under the weather. Press on! We will be better tomorrow!

Almost done with my work. Phew. This was hard.

Hugs!
Brina

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Dale said...

Hi Brina

I'm not so invisible now!
It took a couple of tries, but there we are. Had to laugh at myself commenting to myself...

There must be something in the air. I was not feeling well yesterday & today I was a bit off & edgy. I like that comment about "being a woman of a certain age". I can totally relate!
I had the same feelings of "overwhelmedness". (New word)
My kids sure make it all worth while, though!
I'll post one of me with one of my daughters next time.
I'm just looking at the word verification - kind of looks rude...fyuchup!
I don't remember, are you on Rachel's list of fellow walkers/quitters?
Hang in there!
Dale

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Hi Dale,

Yes, I am one of the walkers. Team Rachel? Team Attic? We'll need a name. I am going to start in the a.m. tomorrow. I already walk every day, of course, but this will be one straight hour with aerobic intentions, and I hope it will progress to a walk-run-walk style, which is really good for us.

I have been a bit out of sorts and am quite sure it's partly hormonal and partly over-work and not enough sleep. I'm usually very even-tempered.

I've also been a few weeks without a massage or acupuncture. I usually go like clockwork. Will have to get back on track there!

Thanks for writing, and for putting up your photo. I wanted to have a pajama photo to add to my blog but I'm too tired to photograph myself tonight.

Bedtime, I think!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home