Saturday, October 15, 2005



It's always a happy day when I get my hair cut and colored. I know, I don't seem to be smiling in these self-portraits, though I'm not sure why: perhaps I was trying to look mature. Ha!!!

It's a very girly-girl thing to admit, but I love being pampered and coming out all fresh, vibrant, and pretty. Here are two photos of me when I got home from seeing my hairdresser David today. He's a great guy. He has been cutting my hair since 1980 and is exactly my age. That means we've known each other since we were 23 and now we're 48! Wow. Love ya, David.

(And if any bloggers are ever looking for a good hairstylist and colorist in Minneapolis, he's your guy: David Johnson, Portfolio Salon, Uptown. And he has the best jazz collection so you can get your hair done while listening to Miles Davis, Bill Evans, today we listened to Charles Mingus.)

2 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Model citizen said...

The ONE salon I really liked kept upping their prices every month or so...in the end I was paying well over $120 for highlights and a cut...

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Jess, dear, my friend David won't charge you anywhere near that much. Cut and color for me the other day (one hour in the chair) was $83. He enjoys his work and his very nice, owns his own salon so it's small and comfortable, no pretensions. Let me know if you decide to try him out! (Portfolio Salon, it's sorta near Uptown, near the Wedge Coop).

Busy as a beaver today, on my grad. school work. Hope you're doing well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home