Monday, September 03, 2007





















I took flowers to my son Ethan's grave today. It was his birthday; he would have been turning eleven today if he'd lived. It was a beautiful sunny day.
I felt some peacefulness there, sang his favorite song "Edelweiss" and took a lot of photos. I also visited my mom's grave while there. I'm not showing you their actual stones because it seems too private a thing to share here, but you can see the beautiful windchimes and angels in the trees at Babyland. It's really a bittersweet experience to be there, but I'm almost always peaceful after I've been.


I sure love that little boy, my sweet blond baby.

2 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger grace said...

It is always comforting to visit the site of our loved ones. I always feel a closeness when I visit my parents at their site. Like they are there and know I am there visiting. xxoo

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger grace said...

Happy Birthday Brina! I hope your day was spent just as you wanted to!! Thank you for my B-day wishes, you are very sweet.

xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home