Sunday, September 02, 2007

I am in love with a little film called "Once." It's an Irish film and is a musical, an unusual love story, and one of the most envigorating movies I've ever seen about creating music...and about love...please go see it if it's in your area. I also bought the soundtrack, which features the leads Glen Hansard and Marketa Iglova. They are a real-life couple and were already friends when the film was in production. It was at film festivals this year and has just arrived here in Minneapolis, at one theatre.

In the first scene, I was a bit worried 'cause I didn't really understand the accents (Irish), but soon it smoothed out for me and I was captivated. When it ended, I sat through all of the credits and then didn't want to leave. One of those film experiences where you really live it and then it's almost painful to end it. I'm enjoying the soundtrack ever since. It's on display at Borders, so I guess I'm not the only one under the spell of "Once."

I won't say anything more because I want it to unfold for you. And don't read any reviews. Just go, and let me know that you did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home