Thursday, August 23, 2007




On one of our last August mornings in Vermont, we awoke to a heavy fog. It blanketed the island where our little cabin sits. Here is a photo I took of my sister, who is taking a photo of my son.


This morning in Minnesota, I awoke very early to a similar fog. I had a 6:50 a.m. appointment with an endodontist, who first inspected, then diagnosed, and then performed a root canal on one of my lower teeth.


I have been medicated and novocaine'd and then medicated again, and I am to spend at least the majority of today in bed, resting. I've given my son and his friend a list of chores and errands to complete, and it seems the perfect foggy day for me to stay very quiet here at home.


I had a busy week so far. This feels like a gift. It's akin to that "sick day" feeling in grade school, when I'd have some non-life-threatening virus which caused my Nana and Mom to decide to keep me home from school, and I'd tuck in to Nana's bed with the soft white bedspread for the day.


For today, I am a little girl again, like the photo above. Quiet and not really bothering anybody, just quiet and resting, maybe I'll read, listen to music, whatever constitutes resting. A rare event for me these days!


3 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger grace said...

The picture of you as a little girl is priceless. You look so quiet and calm.

Hope the root canal feels better.

xx

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Cathy with a C said...

Feel better, Bri!

Cathy xox

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Thanks, G & C! I don't know what's worse, the root canal pain as the novocaine wore off, or the after-effects of Vicodin, which just knocks me for a loop!

Today (Saturday) I went medication-free and have a headache. It could be from the root canal or from the Vicodin wearing off. Whatever, I'd rather have a little pain than a lot of drowsiness.

I fly tomorrow morning early. Wish me luck!

Bri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home