Sunday, July 29, 2007

My son was in a car accident tonight near the Metrodome downtown. He and his two friends are ok; the car is banged up in front but we'll know more tomorrow after the body shop looks at it. Boy, that is the phone call no mom wants to receive:"Mom...we were in an accident...but we're all okay..."

I was and am relieved. And just tucked him in and told him a bedtime story like old times. We were set to leave for our mother-son trip to Vermont in the early a.m., but now we'll wait and fly the next morning. Tomorrow we have to deal with insurance company, police report, doctor's checkup, towing, body shop, and probably more.

But yes, he's ok. Thank you, God, for watching over the boys. (A woman driver who was driving without insurance, with dim headlights, and erratic driving clipped my son's car as he was doing a legal U-turn.) Nobody was really hurt, just the two cars.

Sigh. Time for sleep. Thanks for listening.

My son says "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".

1 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Cathy with a C said...

I'm so glad all were ok. Teenage drivers scare us Moms. My daughter got a speeding ticket a month ago (ok, she takes after her mom, but...). She asked me if she could pay the ticket in installments. I told her she could ask the court, but she hadn't paid me back in total for her curfew violation fine (another story) so I wasn't going to pay it. Finally, we made a deal where I paid the ticket but she has to cut the grass for the rest of the summer. Every week now she is reminded not to speed. And, she tells me she is obeying the speed limits now.

Enjoy your vacation!

Cathy xox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home