Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Getting my Minnesota bearings after 11 California days and nights.

The red-eye flight always seems so exciting and fun when I start out, at midnight in San Francisco, but by the next afternoon when I've been home here for 8 hours and still have 8 more to go before bed, it's not so fun. We had our first Tuesday night classes of the semester yesterday, and I felt very challenged by that. Earlier in the day I'd fought hard to stay awake while driving. In class, I didn't doze off (it wouldn't have been possible, we are pretty lively), but I did feel heavy and slow-brained.

Thankfully I have great people in class with me. They always lift me up, and we make it through every kind of situation. Our professor for this class is young, very real, and thoughtful, also a lot of fun. We have so much to learn! And so much to synthesize.

We had a potluck dinner at the break between hours two and three of class last night. Really tasted great, and it was fun to be with everyone again. I didn't bring anything because of my travels, but I was also told that I was exempt since I've brought cupcakes and muffins to class in previous semesters. My maternal side definitely shows in that way (I love to bake).

Polly is such a happy dog to be back at home, but she seems to have an eye infection or irritation, so we are heading out the door to the vet this morning. Then it's a quick drive up to the Bru for my favorite iced mocha--I went almost two weeks without one!--some errands, and home for studies and settling in.
And I have a massage appointment at noon. Every Wednesday! Yeah! (Thank you, Lois, you are The Best.)

I miss my ocean and even more, my California loved ones, but it's a good kind of missing. I know I'll be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home