Saturday, February 04, 2006



















Family Musicale

Last night I had dinner with my sister and her husband and the extended family. Look at all the music-making after dinner! Even the littlest family member got in on the act (isn't he cute at the piano?). My sister was practicing for a choral audition, which today she passed with flying colors, so she'll be singing Beethoven's Ninth ("Choral Symphony") this spring. I knew she'd wow them.

You know, generations ago this is what people did of an evening, rather than watch tv or a movie. They made music after dinner, or they sat around reading aloud or story-telling. I like it when we do that. It's a great way to be together.

I was a wee bit confined in my sharp little jacket (which is trimmed in "snakeskin", or so it says on the label!), but I loved the chance to play piano. I always miss my piano when I travel. This was a treat!

3 Comments:

At 5:00 AM, Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

JEALOUS - JEALOUS - JEALOUS!!!!

LOL

Brina, what a wonderful evening this must have been... A family orchestra! Congratulations to your sister too, she must be so happy!

I love all the pictures from your previous blogs too.

Keep smiling!

xoxoxo
M

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Hey, Marietta! Yes, it was wonderful fun.

LoriMargaret, thanks for spurring me to the telephone. I'm not so great at the phone when I'm out here, am I? Love you!

Brina

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

This is exactly what my family does at gatherings - there's so much music afterwards with the fiddles and piano. People who happen to come to a gathering and don't know the routine are sometimes shocked that we all play music after dinner - they can't believe it, but are delighted at the same time. It certainly makes great memories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home