Sunday, January 08, 2006

Ol Timeless -- by Barry Cowsill

Move on down the road
Ease me through the door
Take me to your dreams, Ol Timeless
I want to go

Move me down the road
I don't mind the pain
'cause the gates I'm passing through
have no set boundaries.

As I cast my blessings to the seventh wind tonight
I keep in mind the promises I've made
For the land I find to hold me for the others*
Gonna move on down the road
Ease along the way
Take me to your dreams, Ol Timeless
I gotta know

Put me on the path
There's nothing more to say
'cept swing your mighty scales,
let's be onward

and I'll take the secret treasures of my heart and soul
and I'll keep 'em covered safe within my reach
'til the time when I can share them with the others

Move on down the road
Slip me through the door
Oh take me to your dreams, Ol Timeless
I want for more

Send me on the way
to them other times
There's a lot of work ahead for me
tomorrow.

*I'm not sure what he's singing in this line...waiting for some other Cowsill fan to enlighten me.

I wish you could all hear this song. It's on Barry's solo CD, which is hard to find, and I don't know how to put it up online here. Listening, it is like a spiritual, or a hymn, just Barry's voice and the pipe organ. It feels like the song for today.

Did I tell you all that when I retrieved his solo CD from my boxes of CDs yet unpacked, I found a note from Barry inside? I had forgotten that...sigh.

Rest easy, Barry.

1 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Thankyou very much,

And congrats on getting the right answer on the Jazzblog! One point is awarded to you and will be indicated on the Jazzblog shortly!

I have been to Rachel's blog a few times... I just don't know what to make of her. She's very talented at what she does, it's just not my type of music. I try and drop comments here and there where I can.

Nice to meet you,

Jack

PS - RIP Barry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home