Monday, March 06, 2006

Ow, double ow, triple ow.

I am NOT an Olympic athlete.

I slipped while walking Polly this morning. We had a fresh layer of snow over ice, and I just hit a really icy patch. It's funny, 'cause I thought about falling, when we started our walk and I realized how icy it is out. Then, I did it. Aargh.

It hurts like crazy. I landed on my tailbone (coccyx, what a word!) and also caught myself somewhat on my right wrist, but not the full brunt or my wrist would be more hurt than it is. Mostly I landed on my coccyx.

Changes the complexion of today and I am not looking forward to Tuesday night's four-hour sitting in class adventure. But we will take it one day at a time.

OUCH!

5 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger grace said...

ow! can feel your pain from the fall on the ice. I have fallen on occasion when I walked my Brittany (last beautiful dog) and she would always look at me as if she was saying, "I fell, are you ok too", and I would look at her and say "of course I am, because you are, but damn that hurt!! And we would go inside and snuggle and all would be alright. But that ice, that sure does hurt. Hope U are both OK. Cheers to a good week x Grace

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger JoeBoy said...

OUCH Brina,
I hope things are better. Nothing worse than sitting in a group of people and being uncomfortable with pain. GET WELL SOON.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Thanks, Grace, Joeboy, and Tom, I'm healing well and doing surprisingly well now!

Hugs,
Brina

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Suesjoy said...

Hi Brina-
I'm a virgin...on your blog...LOL!
I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. Maybe you need to bring one of those donut thingys to sit on! Ok maybe not...but a nice cushion may help. A four hour class? Oh man I feel for you.
Hope you recover soon!
Take care,
Sue

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Hi Sue, I'm having a blast reading your blog. You're in Taipei! How interesting! My son is on his 11th year of Chinese study (Mandarin). At his school, they start the kids on either Spanish or Chinese in kindergarten, and he's a sophomore now, so yes, that's 11 years. He's pretty fluent and will go there next year on a visit with his class.

I will try to post on your blog as well. I love it. Thanks for your post here. I am recovering so well. Exercising, and playing Brahms at the piano again, so all is well.

Hugs,
Brina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home