Sunday, March 05, 2006


And here's the whole outfit, but this one was taken at the very end of the night, so I'm not so perky!

It was a rather staid Academy Awards in most ways, I thought. I wish I had seen more of the movies. I'll have to catch up. I especially want to see "Capote" after seeing Philip Seymour Hoffman in the clip from that film.

The only one of the top films I'd seen this year was "Good Night, and Good Luck," which I very much liked.

What did you think?

For me the highlight was seeing Lauren Bacall, and Itzhak Perlman. Otherwise, yawn.

2 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger grace said...

We saw Munich, that was the only film for the Oscars we viewed. en, ok, a bit overly dramatic by Spielberg. but that is his thing. The Capote film caught our attention, to see after seeing the oscars. But overall, this year it was a bit boring for the hollywood glamour. Liked Reese Witherspoon, I did see the arrivals for the gowns and tuxs, always like that part. Liked your outfit. My best to you and to Polly. x Grace

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Suesjoy said...

Pretty outfit! I think Rachel would approve!
I didn't see any "grown up" movies this year - it's so sad. I am a slave to my child, I swear. I am really bad about getting babysitters. Great way to wreck a marriage, eh?
I want to see them all! I love Indie/artsy movies - and that's what all the nominees were.
It was a shockeroo when Crash won. I've read good things about it.
Tommorow night I'm going to see Brokeback Mountain - by myself - while my husband watches my daughter. I'm a fag hag so I'm sure I'll enjoy it!
Then I'll see the rest of the nominees as fast as I can before they leave the theatre! They're all playing at the cinema down the street, so that's convenient.
The Oscars were so boring! Boo! But I LOVED Reese Witherspoon's speech. She is such a doll - and I'll always remember her June Carter quote (when someone asked her how she was doing): "I'm just trying to matter." I loved that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home