Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Monterey afternoon
Monterey, California
as the old year closes and the new year begins...















In the photo taken through a fence, you will see what looks like an aggregation of large pieces of driftwood or...? In reality, these are many harbor seals of various colors and amusing shapes, relaxing on their beach. It's inaccessible to people, just around the corner from the Monterey Aquarium, and I stood to watch them for the longest time. One or two of the seals made an effort to look at me as I photographed them!

In the second photo, you may be able to see a rainbow. We had much rain this week while I was in Monterey, and when the sun would emerge, often there would be rainbows. I caught this one Saturday afternoon.

4 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

It looks wonderful! I love the seals! Ahh, how I miss the ocean....makes me want to plan a trip to a beach somewhere this summer! :)

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Hi Mary Beth,

You must! Don't you have those Nova Scotia relatives you could visit? That would be a beautiful trip!

Love,
Brina

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

Yup, we're definitely thinking of going down east this year. :) We also love the Outer Banks in North Carolina - one of my favorite spots in the whole world, though I'll have to add the west coast to my list of vacation spots soon. :)

You look like you're having a such great time!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

I love this beach! Have been there many times!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home