Tuesday, July 10, 2007




My guy and I visited a wonderful aviation museum in Langley, B.C., Canada in May. I enjoyed taking photos of, and from almost inside, the reconstructed old planes.
Reading "How to Keep Your Spiritual Wits About You in a Romantic Relationship" today, from www.spiritualsisters.com, I am struck by how romantic love is like flying:
"Romantic love is not for the weak of heart. It is exhilarating and terrifying all at the same time. It is here that we hopefully have our most emotionally and sexually intimate moments with another human being. It is here that our most painful emotional wounds eventually surface in order to be exorcised. And it is here that we most deeply get to know ourselves."
There is much in this essay that helps me these days. I believe in the power of romantic love and in the power of facing our fears. Sometimes we do that best through the difficult times.
And sometimes we can fly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home