Thursday, June 21, 2007


Sometimes the world feels all turned around, and the ground under your feet isn't solid. The person you love treats you horribly, lies to you, and tears out your heart. The plans and promises you've made become like cackling, mocking bird calls in your head, and you question everything you've shared.

This is my state of mind, as I have broken off my relationship, which was very near the point of marriage.
I hurt, but there is hope that my feet will be on the ground again soon and that new love will eventually find me.
And I'll never forget the old love; I just can't live my life with him, as I'd hoped.
He was standing next to me when I took this photo in January. The sky is the Oakland Zoo sky. We shared that beautiful time together and so many more. Now we are through.

4 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Cathy with a C said...

Bri

I'm so sorry. I've been there as well, but time does make it better and you will be on your feet again. I was ready to marry someone a few years back when I found out there was one small problem he hadn't really mentioned - he was already married. I was devastated.

((((hugs)))) and prayers

Cathy

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger grace said...

HI Brina,

You will land on your feet again. Thinking of you, I am sorry for your sadness. You deserve happiness, and I am sending you out a hug too.

take care, xxoo grace (and 2 Brittanys kisses your way too!)

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Thanks, ladies. It hurts so much, all the more because I truly love him and believe we could have made it to old, old age together.

I just don't see any way we can, now.

Never say never, but it seems that we're through.

Thank you both. Heartache is the worst, isn't it?

Hugs,
Bri

P.S. My sweet dog Polly has been SO cuddly and kissy during this week of my tears. She just comes right up and licks them off my nose!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Re-reading this now, I see that I didn't even tell it like it is on here. I didn't break things off; he did, in response to being called out on a lie.

I still hold out hope that we will mend, but the hope is small at this point.

Sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home