Friday, December 01, 2006


When I was in college (the first time), I used to keep a very terse little journal, in which I'd jot: "Things of Today"--sometimes just three phrases, or three names, to remind me later of what that day was like.

I'm more verbose now, but today was a very good day.

* Up so early with Polly that it was still pitch dark outside, the moon almost full, the stars so clean and clear.

* Falling in love with Beethoven, again, fresh, and so happy with my baby grand piano that I almost had to pinch myself. I'm a lucky girl.

* Comfortable and quiet all alone here today, with only one foray to the coffeehouse where I chatted with friends. Otherwise, I had a solitary day, and it was a nice feeling for a change.

* Outside of the little grocery store, a blue star-shaped balloon had been released, and I watched it go right up to heaven!
This made me think of Ethan, and the many times we've released balloons to heaven for our little E.

* Driving, listening to music, chasing the sunset until I found the perfect spot where I could watch it, and then after dark, enjoying the beautiful holiday lights.

* Finding the energy and focus to do my work tonight without being too sleepy. A miracle!

and now, to bed.

There's someone whom I just love with all of my heart, who spoke with me for about two hours by phone yesterday. His voice is still in my head, so when I say that I had a solitary quiet day, it's really not so. He was "with" me all the time. Sigh. Love is like that. You're never really alone. It's hard to be apart sometimes, very hard, but we live inside of each other. I felt that today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home