Sunday, September 24, 2006















Two scenes from the Monterey Aquarium, Labor Day weekend. The beautiful jellyfish, and one of the playful sea otters, who is quite earnestly playing with his toys! Do you see the little blue blanket sort of thing, just between his white and his blue container? Right after I snapped this photo, he pulled himself up and almost all the way out of the white container, reached down and managed to pull the blue blanket thing into the container with him! It was adorable.

If you are ever in Monterey, CA, you must visit the Aquarium. I am a member there and a donor, and I've got such a strong love for this place. If you do go, save time for a meal. Their cafe is delicious fresh food of many cultures. I had a Mongolian beef and vegetables over rice dish which was custom-ordered to include what I wanted. Delicious!

2 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger grace said...

Hi Brina, I have been to the Aquarium and it is absolutely wonderful.. The Otters steal your heart. I was there when they had the white shark, spent alot of time watching it, she was amazing that she did not eat all that was around her!! So nice to see a place nurse her back to strength and let her go. She gained alot of weight, maybe they were afraid for the other fish in her tank!! What is the date for Rachel to be at B & N in Minneapolis? Are you excited or what? hugs for you and Polly

ox Grace

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aw, my ex and I went there about 5 years ago and loved it! Also walked through Cannery row area, we'd both loved Steinbeck.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home