Saturday, August 26, 2006

Wealth, or at least the state of being financially secure, is something I never take for granted. I do feel "rich" in many ways, especially since breaking out of my marriage and finding my own path.

Today I was fortunate enough to be able to buy myself a new car. It is a new vehicle, although the dealership manager put 6,000 miles on it and then reduced the price accordingly. I am ecstatic. It's the car I wanted: a 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T, in a beautiful dark Midnight Blue, with gray leather interior. It is roomy, and powerful, with an 8 cylinder powerful HEMI engine. The car itself is really a Mercedes in Dodge land. Someone said it's both a luxury car and a station wagon, a muscle car, if you will! Apparently men really like driving these Magnums, especially with the V8 engine.

I rented a Magnum in California a while back and never forgot how much I loved it. This is my dream car, for now. I have a good long warranty, and I hope to have it for many years. Now I will let A.J. drive my old VW Golf 2001 without having to share it. He's proven to be a responsible driver thus far. I am still the owner of the Golf, but A.J. will drive it more often now.

My car comes home on Tuesday. It needs to be protected from paint and rust damage first. I love it. Did I mention that I love it?

And I don't take this for granted. I paid for the car in full, because that's how my financial advisor and I decided to do it. And that means I still have no debt...no financial debt in the world. How about that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home