Saturday, August 12, 2006


I have a great kid. Only he's not so much a kid anymore as a young man. And tonight? He's driving, without me, quite late at night, on the highway and then on a two-lane road, with a friend, coming home from a music night...and I'm so nervous! It's hard to get through the nerves. I know he has to amass these solo driving experiences in order to gain confidence and experience, but wow, it's hard on me.

He has had his license for two weeks now.

I will sleep well, once he's home!

5 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger grace said...

Hi Brina, Did he make home ok? I suspect that he did. And you were able to finally rest!! Hope all is well, xo Grace

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Hi Grace, This is funny: I was talking to my sister, A.J.'s aunt, on the phone today (she's in California). And she asked the same thing. Well, of course he made it home ok!

But she said I left my bloggers hanging!

He's out again tonight, and of course I'm uneasy. I wonder when I get to the point of not being so nervous...

Polly says hello to you and your Brittany spaniel duo. I have been playing Beethoven at my piano tonight, and it sounds so beautiful I can hardly stand it.

He was an amazing composer, for sure.

Hugs,
Brina

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Lannio said...

Glad your son made it home. In this picture, he kinda reminds me of Freddy Mercury. Can he sing?

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Oh, he can sing!

I had never seen the Freddy Mercury similarity, though. Funny!

Welcome to blog world. I think you'll have a blast.

Brina

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Brina,
Have a great weekend at Lake Superior!

Cheers,
AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home