Sunday, July 30, 2006





Home, sweet home!

It feels great to be back at my apartment after "roughing it" in Vermont. I admit it. I'm a princess. I like a long soak in the tub, smelling sweet, clean clothes, my grand piano, canopy bed, all the creature comforts. I love the cabin in Vermont too, but it sure feels good to be in my own four walls after our adventures.

Here in Minnesota, like most everywhere, we're having a beastly, dangerous heat wave. It got to be 101 degrees yesterday. My little VW did a good job getting us where it had to get us, but primarily we're happy to be inside in the blissfully cool air conditioning. I wish I knew some people without A/C, so I could invite them over. I did see some elderly gentlemen lingering at their dinners yesterday when A.J., Andy, and I went to Perkins' restaurant. We were cute: A.J. and Andy dined in one room while I dined in another, working on my proofreading and thus giving the guys their privacy. It worked out well.

2 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Oh, Laurelei, this is great, the boat and a beach of our own!

Enjoy the cool moments. It's 100 again today. A.J. (Mr. Driver) drove me to shop for shoes today, and in spite of my mumblings, he did great. It's those other crazy drivers you have to worry about!

I miss you and Tom a lot but it is heavenly to be home and cool. Survivor Coates Island is my version of roughing it, and I'm not so good at it, I'm afraid.

Much love,
Bri

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger grace said...

Hi Brina, Those are great photos from your trip to Vermont. It is always nice to be back home in our own space. You look well rested. And I am glad you like the pics of Summer and June. They both like the water, but June just loooves it! Hope your week is going well. A hug for Polly. ox Grace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home