Saturday, July 22, 2006





A few photos from yesterday's visit to the Goddard plots at the cemetery in Vermont. Joanna was my mom, and Mary and Marvin were my grandparents who raised me. A.J. never knew Nana Mary in person, but he grew up with stories about her and the beautiful portrait of her which is now hanging in my living room. A.J. and Grampa Marvin were very close, and now that my son is almost a grown man, I see a lot of Goddard traits in him.

We also put flowers at the graves of Marvin's parents, Grace and Anthony, and Marvin's brothers Phil and Glendon and their wives Dorothy and Ruth Loucile. The cemetery is in a hilly part of the town, with lots of trees.

2 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Claire Eliza said...

Hey Brina, I hope you are feeling okay. = )

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Hi Claire dear,

Actually, I felt rather ill overnight last night, but I did just fine today and enjoyed the beautiful sunny weather (but not hot).

Thanks for blogging, I've missed you!

Hugs,
Brina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home