Saturday, July 01, 2006


I can tell you now about my very impulsive act this week. The blog a few days ago posed the question, and I promised to share my answer once I was ready.

Earlier this week, I succumbed to impulse and made myself reservations to fly to Monterey this Sunday through Wednesday for a spontaneous trip and visit to my friend J. We'd been having a difficult time communicating long-distance and I thought, what better way to solve this than to be face-to-face?

It ended up exploding in my face, this impulsive act, because when presented with the prospect of me in his quadrant, he was not pleased and asked me not to do it.

I was able to cancel everything and instead we two have attempted to resolve our problems in less impulsive ways.

I'm a Virgo, and everyone knows that Virgos are born planning. We are just not very spontaneous creatures. So this was radical for me, and I think it was even what you would call "out of character"...but I did it. Of course, I didn't follow it through, but I did it!

I'm still waiting to hear some of your more impulsive acts.

4 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger grace said...

Hi Brina, yes, you did a very impulsive thing for a Virgo!! Even if the the follow through wasn't there, you did it. Virgo's, we have to plan, plan and organize.! Happy 4th to you......x Grace

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Brina

Thanks for stopping by my blog and giving me encouragement, I will take all that I can get.

Shine just struck me a few days ago, they are very inspiring words, I hope Rachel doesn't mind me using it! She is a good egg I am sure she will be OK with it! I was totally blown away that she played it today, I almost felt like it was for me! Karma is a wild thing!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Hi Grace and Meg,

Meg, I feel your positive energy shining right now. I hope you had a good 4th and that you're doing well tonight.

Grace, it's funny about us Virgos, huh?! My friend Joe suggested to me the other night that if I would learn to let go more (and I am learning), I might be even happier. That's a concept, huh?

Love,
Brina

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger grace said...

Ah Brina, Us Virgos can never let go, I have tried. It is like nails on a chalk board!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home