Friday, June 30, 2006
















Lady of the Dahlias by Ariana Richards

(www. galleryariana.com)

This is my newest artwork for my beautiful big walls. I took the photo before we hung the painting today. It's technically a "giclee," if you know that term. I fell in love with this piece of art when I was in Oregon this March, and when copies (done in the giclee technic) became available, I ordered mine. Today was the official hanging, and oh my, she is beautiful.

Ariana Richards is an acclaimed young painter at 26, and she is also known for her work as an actress. She played the young girl, "Lex," in the first Jurassic Park movie. I knew her as a painter before I realized about her acting career. I expect her art career to take her to international heights and someday this painting will be worth even more than it is today...however, I plan to keep my Lady of the Dahlias with me forever. Ariana uses her sister as a model!

Do you love it? If so, please follow the link to her website and see more. There are some beautiful paintings there.

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your comment on my blog and thought I would jump over to view yours.

That is a very nice painting. Ariana Is quite talented.

I am curious, how did you stumble across my blog post from 6 months ago? Google?

:)

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Hi James, I was googling Ariana's name and paintings, and your blog came up!

Brina

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home