Thursday, May 11, 2006

















Lakewood Cemetery, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Laurie and I visited my son Ethan's grave in the Babyland section, and then my mom Joanna's marker on a beautiful hilly section (overlooking Hubert Humphrey's memorial). We brought freshly picked lilacs to each grave. It was a lovely day and I was thankful that Laurie would share this with me. I believe that I haven't been to the cemetery at all in 2006. How things change. In early days after baby Ethan died, I was there every month, I think.

I'm sure you already know this, but if you have any friends who have lost a child or whose mothers have died, please give them an extra hug on Mother's Day.

2 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger grace said...

Hi Brina, lovely thoughts. I will be thinking of my Mom this Mother's day, wish she was here to hug. And I will pass on an extra hug or two. x Grace

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Brina,
Lovely words and pictures. You have such strength, and I admire you for it. I taught three children, the last two after they had lost their mum and it was always hard at this time of year for them; I remember that from your post, and will echo Grace's sentiments and pass some hugs along.

-AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home