Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A Heart to Hang Onto

Really loved Rachel's webcast today on WHO-TV; she and her old friend Mikey, a guitarist/songwriter, just set up and spent a couple of hours in front of the camera at a small studio there in London. Pete T. arrived partway through the adventure and added to the conversation and music. Rachel was just as fresh and funny as she is in her blog (rachelfuller.blogspot.com), and the webcast was like having them in my living room.

Pete explained that the way the WHO-TV webcast works, only about 75 people can hook into it at any one time, so once I was there, I just left my laptop going and stayed connected. It was great fun and I loved hearing their stories and the songs. Aside from being a beautiful musician, that girl has quite the fashion sense! Her black boots were nice, but she also had these great "socks" which I would call thigh-highs, black with big bows at the top. She took off her boots right away and showed off her "socks" the rest of the time, they really were intriguing and now I want a pair...Of course, stockings are one of my weaknesses, so I'm sure I'll find a way to purchase some like these, very fetching!

Toward the end, Pete played "A Heart to Hang Onto" ("give me a heart to hang onto, give me a soul that's tailored new"), just Pete singing and playing guitar, it was really moving. Actually each of the songs got to me. One of the songs Rachel and Mike played (and wrote), "You," made me cry hard. That's a good thing, not a criticism. Crying is good sometimes.

I felt lonely last night, for about a half hour. That's the first time in a long time. Mostly I love the way I have structured my life. I have always craved alone time, and it's good for the soul and for the musical and writing part of me. But I'm also quite social and love to be with people in conversation, so there has to be a balance, always. Last night, I came home to the dog. She's a good dog, the best dog!, but she doesn't talk back to me.

Somebody really ought to post in response to my blog. I know someone is reading it. Don't be shy. Make up a screen name if you're privacy-conscious.

I'll see if I can post some more weird photos for your entertainment pleasure.

3 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger musicmikey said...

Hi Brina, really enjoyed this blog of yours, and your comments on mine. I think its a crime youv'e had so few responces. Quite honestly, it was Rene, my girlfriend, who drew my attention to your blog, i haven't looked at anyones apart from Rachel's, and Rene's. But now i will, I had a great time on WhoTV, and look forward to this wednesday. Thankyou for your sweet words,and i hope you can watch again. mikey

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Dear Mikey,

It's great to have you here!

Rene sounds lovely; I love having virtually met you both.

Wednesday = exciting, fun, silly, maybe even tear-inducing again!

Some of my friends and family are very shy about posting. I know some are reading my blog but not responding. That's ok, but I'd rather have dialogue going.

Hope to put up some more photos and music soon.

Thanks for posting...you are, as teenage girls would say, "way cool"!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Bri said...

Hi Dan,

Yeah, the webcast is really more like an afternoon slumber party with goofy musician friends, isn't it? I have had a blast both weeks watching and laughing.

I'm going to England in March for my very first trip to Europe, and I have this warm feeling now as if I have friends there.

I do have one old college friend who lives outside of London. I haven't seen her in decades but will get to see her on this trip. Now I feel like there's Mikey, Rene, Rachel, Wistle, and Pete there for me too. Even if I don't actually see them, they are there, my British friends. Is that odd of me?

I can't wait to go shopping in London, and there are some museums I want to visit too. Music, art, fashion, the countryside...sounds good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home