Sunday, September 04, 2005

A rather odd self-portrait--but there's nothing so wrong with looking like a chipmunk, now, is there?!

I don't really mind this photo. I like the way my hair shines, and my eyebrows are pretty, and it's rare for me to have a photo taken without my glasses on, so it's, um, unique. That's it. Unique.

I'm not too happy about the way my smile looks, but I have a valid explanation for my slightly awkward smile. I'm in the midst of the dental implant process and as a result I have a sort of retainer for my two front teeth. It looks a bit fake, I think, but it's only temporary. By January of the New Year, I'll be completely done with the process and will be able to smile, eat, and bite happily again. I have really missed biting. (seriously!)

Meanwhile, I have to keep a sense of humor about my appearance. I am trying. What do you think about this photo?

I am turning 48 in two more days. Is this what 48 looks like? Who knows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home