Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sometimes my boyfriend does this little dance I like to call his "rodent dance." It's one of the silliest, cutest things I've ever seen. Of course I'm utterly besotted with him at the moment so everything he does makes me smile. But trust me, it's cute!

Thus, for me even the word "rodent" has taken on a romantic, silly feel to it. So today I was in a silly, lonesome mood and google'd "Rodent Dance" and this is what came up. It's a set of instructions for keeping your rodent happy. I believe it was written by a British schoolteacher of elementary school kids, some of whom are learning to care for their pet rodent at home.

Well, I may be one silly Valentine's girl, but to me, this could easily apply to your rodent boyfriend. So, what follows may be read as "Things to keep your boyfriend happy". Enjoy, Ladies!





Things to keep your rodent happy

Make your Rodent's life wonderful with our great tips!

When you first get a rodent it might wriggle around a lot. Don't worry. That is only because it may not have been handled before.

Sing to your rodent.

Exercise your rodent by building an assault course.

Read poems to your rodent.

Share a book with your rodent.

Put some music on for you and your rodent to dance to.

Share your salad with your rodent.

Find a suitable video for your quiet night in, The Rescuers Down Under is popular.

Take your rodent on walks around the house.

Remember to feed your rodent healthy food.

Never let your cat near your rodent because you don't want a cat to have your rodent as a tasty treat!

Get your rodent to model for some pics.

Clean out your rodents cage reguarly or it might end up smelly.

Let your rodent watch a television programme.

Listen to the radio with your rodent.

Create a special game for your rodent to play.

Train your rodent to do tricks.

Give your rodent plenty of treats.

Put tubes in your rodents cage (If it is a Gerbil, toilet roll tubes are good. If a guinea-pig, ones from pet shops are best.)

When you get out your rodent, stand still with it and stroke it for a bit so it calms down.

Draw pictures of your rodents.

Switch off the T.V. and play with your rodent instead.

Basically just sit back and relax with your rodent!!

3 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Cathy with a C said...

Hi, Bri

Right now we are dealing with a mouse (or mice) living behind my washing machine. I bought a Havahart trap but the darn thing keeps taking the bait without setting off the trap. I'm glad you are feeling lots of love for your "rodent" but I have to say, I'm not feeling the love right now. :-)

Cathy xo

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Oh Cathy, I hate that feeling when there's a mouse/mice in the house...years and years ago, we had that problem in our old house. We also had two dogs, both of whom were afraid of the mice!

Good luck, and I am sorry if my rodent love freaked you out!

Giggle,

Brina

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger grace said...

Hello Brina, well I have been a owner of rodents for many years, they are great pets, in addition to Brittanys! But I love your list, keep em in the cage until we are needing them!! when we want them out to play hehe

xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home