Tuesday, May 30, 2006



I did it!
huge sigh of relief...

I have just handed in my final paper of the semester, via e-mail, to my professor. I met the deadline by 20 minutes!

Funny how life goes. I had planned to hand my final paper in last night so that I could hop the plane to Vancouver early this morning, but mid-evening last night I accidentally deleted about half of the paper while writing it on Microsoft WORD! I had saved my work along the way, but I think I did something like save the version that had the last pages deleted, and I just couldn't rescue what I'd lost.

I laughed and cried all at once, and I had to postpone my flight to Vancouver, because I knew there were hours of work yet to do and I wouldn't make the early a.m. flight.

So I am going to Vancouver a day and a half late, Wednesday night, and I worked all day on this paper. It is very good, and I'm feeling...numb! I'm sure I'll get the rush of accomplishment eventually. It's a Personal Philosophy of Counseling paper, detailing my two favorite modes of therapy: person-centered Rogerian therapy and narrative therapy, and integrating my faith perspective.

I'll post from Vancouver and let you see my beautiful surroundings there. Can't wait to be surrounded by my family there, and did you know I'm going to a narrative therapy conference at UBC while up there? Yes, I am! My very first professional conference, with presenters from New Zealand, Africa, Canada, U.S., fascinating! cannot believe I get to be part of this, and me only a student. Way Cool!

Bye for now,
Tired Grad. Student Brina

5 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

Sorry for the lateness of my reply. Monterey was beautiful, no wonder your boyfirend lives there. i am all better now, but thanks for the concern.

About the final thing, my brother almost missed his flight home because he was still finishing up his. That sucks you actually DID have to postpone your flight. I went to Nanaimo last summer, and it was beautiful there. I hope you have fun, I can't wait to see some pictures to refresh my memmory of the suroundings. Keep n truckin'!

-Kevin

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Bri said...

Hi Kevin S.!, So glad you're feeling better and healing. Nanaimo, B.C. is supposed to be lovely. I'll be in Vancouver, and a bit in the suburbs, and I don't know where else, but mostly Van., which is a treasure of a city.

I will post beautiful photos, promise!

I believe that Vancouver is about the most beautiful city I've ever seen.

Did you see "In the Attic" today, or did you have class? Mikey did me a shout-out, bless him, which helped fuel me along in the paper-writing process. I needed that boost.

Cheers!

Brina

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Dan L. said...

My PC crashed WITH EVERYTHING last Christmas!

I HATE THAT feeling too!

However, Peace and much Love,

--Dan L.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Brina,
Have a fantastic trip! It sounds very well deserved. Congrats on completing the term paper.

-AM

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger grace said...

Hi Brina, Have a great trip to Vancouver. I have never been there but hear it is beautiful. Glad you finished your paper, scary when things are lost or deleted out of your computer, but you got it done. congrats.... x Grace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home