Saturday, August 27, 2005




Virgo Birthday Sisters, August 21, 2005

Last Sunday Amy and I threw ourselves a birthday brunch at her house in Marin County. I was in California on what I had designated my "princess weekend" getaway, ostensibly there to pick up my new laptop but also to soak up the ocean air, hang out with Amy and Mark and friends, and celebrate my recent divorce. On the left is a photo of everyone around the table;

on the right is a photo of the Virgo Sisters admiring our beautiful chocolate cake from Max's...those candles were the kind that won't ever stop! One good thing about being women of a certain age: we can choose exactly what kind of birthday cake we want, and then we can buy it for ourselves. Mmmmmm, dark chocolate!

Amy is one year and one week older than me; we always used to celebrate our b'days together as girls growing up. In fact, we were called "the girls" by our family and they liked to dress us alike!

Living in different parts of the country as we have for decades, it's a big effort to get together for birthday time. I'm so happy I made the trip this year.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home